March for Meals is a month-long celebration of Tabitha’s Meals on Wheels program, the first program of its kind in Lincoln. It’s geared toward rallying the capital city to support those who rely on this vital safety net to remain healthier and independent.
For some residents, all that’s needed to successfully continue living at home is a hot, delivered meal. For over 50 years and counting, Tabitha Meals on Wheels answers this need by serving more than 500 clients every day–including holidays and snow days.
The need for this program has risen 74 percent in the past decade. Although more than 70 percent of clients served cannot afford the $6.25 cost for a meal, Tabitha continues to provide this service thanks to generous donors and 1,000 dedicated volunteers.
These daily deliveries are so much more than a meal, as they provide clients with a friendly face and a well-being safety check. For 85 percent of the recipients, volunteers are often the only people they have face-to-face contact with each day.
Get involved through March and beyond:
- Visit www.Tabitha.org/MarchforMeals for a list of Lincoln restaurants giving back through the “MARCH IN AND DINE” initiative. These include: Dino’s, Eat Fit Go, Valentino’s, Momo Pizzeria & Ristorante and more.
- Join us on Saturday, April 7, at Lincoln’s Holmes Lake Park for the second annual Tabitha 10K and 2-mile Walk/Run. To learn more and register, visit www.Tabitha.org/10k
- Donate $6.25 at www.Tabitha.org/MarchforMeals, the cost of one meal and less than the price of a drive-thru combo meal
- Designate your corporate gifts or grant dollars to Tabitha Meals on Wheels
- Adopt a daily, weekly or monthly route to deliver meals to Tabitha clients at www.Tabitha.org/volunteer