Tabitha Offers Online Support Groups and Remembrance Service - November 2020
Tabitha, Nebraska’s industry-leading Senior Care provider, offers a variety of support groups and a remembrance service.
Online grief and support groups are open to anyone in the community and are a great way to find support while sharing common experiences and coping tips in the safety and comfort of your home. Your loved one did not have to be with Tabitha. Participation is free, please register online at Tabitha.org/Hospice/Bereavement.
- “HOPE Book Club Online,” held every other Thursday, Dec. 3, 17 and 31, from 10-11 a.m. For questions, please call Tabitha Hoffman at 402.362.7739.
- “Grieving Gracefully Book Club Online,” held every second and fourth Tuesday, Dec. 8 and 22, from 12-1 p.m. For questions, please call Juanita Steenbakkers at 402.416.7365.
- The “Aurora Grief Support Group” will be held in person on the last Tuesday of the month, Dec. 29, 1:30 p.m., at Aurora Methodist Church, 1104 A St. Masks and social distancing rules apply. For questions and confirmation of event related to COVID-19 safety and health precautions, please contact Tabitha Hoffman, hospice bereavement coordinator, at 402.362.7739.
Tabitha Hospice invites you to join in the “Longest Night Online Remembrance Service.” Remember your loved one with word, song and prayer. Grief is unique, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Please register to receive link: Tabitha.org/Hospice/Bereavement or 402.486.8546.
- Grand Island/Kearney Area – December 15, 6 p.m.
- York/Seward Area – December 15, 7:30 p.m.
- Lincoln/Nebraska City Area – December 21, 7 p.m.
Please contact a Bereavement Coordinator in your area if you'd like to talk to someone about services:
- Lincoln/Lancaster County - 402.486.8546
- Nebraska City/Syracuse Area - 402.416.7365
- York/Grand Island Area - 402.362.7739
The University of Nebraska—Lincoln and Tabitha will resume the eight-week Memory Workshop starting Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021 (through April 7) from 10-11:30 a.m. at Barkley Memorial Center, 4075 East Campus Loop South. The interactive course is designed to teach adults strategies to keep their memories sharp as they age. Masks and social distancing rules apply. Online sessions via Zoom along with printed materials will also be available. Cost is $20 per person. Seats are limited and registration is required; register online. For questions, please contact Judy Harvey, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, at 402.472.6792 or Judy.Harvey@unl.edu.
Hospice Volunteer Training
Tabitha is also offering online hospice volunteer training. Hospice volunteering is a rewarding opportunity that provides companionship, pet therapy, bereavement support, respite care, office and clerical support while providing comfort and joy to Tabitha clients and families. For questions or to learn more, contact: