Tabitha Offers a Variety of Community Support Groups
Tabitha, Nebraska’s industry-leading Senior Care provider, offers a variety of support groups and remembrance services.
Grief and support groups are open to anyone in the community experiencing loss or needing support. Your loved one did not have to be with Tabitha. Registration and participation is free. For questions and to register, please call 402.486.8546 or visit Tabitha.org/Hospice/Bereavement.
- “HOPE Book Club Online” held every other Thursday, Nov. 5 and 19, from 10-11 a.m. For questions, please call Tabitha Hoffman at 402.362.7739.
- “Grieving Gracefully Book Club Online,” held every second and fourth Tuesday, Nov. 10 and 24, from 12-1 p.m. For questions, please call Juanita Steenbakkers at 402.416.7365.
- “Hope for the Holidays Online Grief Seminar,” held Thursday, Nov. 19, from 4-5 p.m. This class will identify tips to help families, friends and caregivers cope during some of the toughest times—the holidays—after the recent loss of a loved one. For questions, please call Juanita Steenbakkers at 402.416.7365.
- “Seward Grief Support Group” Tuesday, Nov. 10, 5 p.m., at St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 1014 N. 6th St. Masks and social distancing rules apply. For questions, please contact Tabitha Hoffman, hospice bereavement coordinator, at 402.362.7739.
- Suicide Survivors Support Group hosted by Tabitha Hospice and Four Corners Local Outreach will be held in person on the last Tuesday of the month, Nov. 24, 5:30 p.m., at Four Corners Health Department, 2101 N. Lincoln Ave., York. Masks and social distancing rules apply. Registration is required. Please call 402.362.2621 for a brief conversation to help identify your personal bereavement needs.
- “Aurora Grief Support Group” will be held in person on Tuesday, Nov. 24, 1:30 p.m., at Aurora Methodist Church, 1104 A St. Masks and social distancing rules apply. For questions, please contact Tabitha Hoffman, hospice bereavement coordinator, at 402.362.7739.
Tabitha Hospice invites you to join in the “Longest Night Online Remembrance Service.” Remember your loved one with word, song and prayer. Grief is unique, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Please register to receive link: Tabitha.org/Hospice/Bereavement or 402.486.8546.
- Grand Island/Kearney Area – December 15, 6 p.m.
- York/Seward Area – December 15, 7:30 p.m.
- Lincoln/Nebraska City Area – December 21, 7 p.m.
Please contact a Bereavement Coordinator in your area if you'd like to talk to someone about services:
- Lincoln/Lancaster County - 402.486.8546
- Nebraska City/Syracuse Area - 402.416.7365
- York/Grand Island Area - 402.362.7739
Hospice Volunteer Training
Tabitha is also offering online individual hospice volunteer training. Hospice volunteering is a rewarding opportunity that provides companionship, pet therapy, bereavement support, respite care, light housekeeping, office and clerical support while providing comfort and joy to Tabitha clients and families. For questions or to learn more, contact: