Tabitha Offers a Variety of Community Support Groups
Tabitha, Nebraska’s industry-leading Senior Care provider, offers a variety of support groups and remembrance services.
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln and Tabitha will resume the eight-week Memory Workshop starting Wednesday, Sept. 9, 10-11:30 a.m. at Barkley Memorial Center, 4075 East Campus Loop South. The interactive course is designed to teach adults strategies to keep their memories sharp as they age. Masks and social distancing rules apply. Online sessions via Zoom along with printed materials will also be available. Cost is $40 (for participant and guest). Seats are limited and registration is required; register online at https://cehs.unl.edu/secd/memory-clinic. For questions, please contact Judy Harvey, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, at 402.472.6792 or Judy.Harvey@unl.edu.
Grief and support groups are open to anyone in the community experiencing loss or needing support. Your loved one did not have to be with Tabitha. Registration and participation is free. For questions and to register, please call 402.416.7365 or visit Tabitha.org/Hospice/Bereavement.
- “Online HOPE Book Club” meets every other Thursday, September 10 and 24, from 10-11:30 a.m.
- “Growing Through Grief” Six-Week Online Support Group, held every Wednesday, September 23-October 28, from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- “Seward Grief Support Group” Tuesday, September 8, 5 p.m., at St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 1014 N. 6th St. Masks and social distancing rules apply. For questions, please contact Tabitha Hoffman, hospice bereavement coordinator, at 402.362.7739.
- Suicide Survivors Support Group hosted by Tabitha Hospice and Four Corners Local Outreach will be held in person on the last Tuesday of the month, September 29, 5:30 p.m., at Four Corners Health Department, 2101 N. Lincoln Ave., York. Masks and social distancing rules apply. Registration is required. Please call 402.362.2621 for a brief conversation to help identify your personal bereavement needs.
- “Aurora Grief Support Group” will be held in person on Tuesday, September 29, 1:30 p.m., at Aurora Methodist Church, 1104 A St. Masks and social distancing rules apply. For questions, please contact Tabitha Hoffman, hospice bereavement coordinator, at 402.362.7739.
Please contact a Bereavement Coordinator in your area if you'd like to talk to someone about services:
- Lincoln/Lancaster County - 402.486.8546
- Nebraska City/Syracuse Area - 402.416.7365
- York/Grand Island Area - 402.362.7739
Hospice Volunteer Training
Tabitha is also offering online individual hospice volunteer training. Hospice volunteering is a rewarding opportunity that provides companionship, pet therapy, bereavement support, respite care, light housekeeping, office and clerical support while providing comfort and joy to Tabitha clients and families. For questions or to learn more, contact: