Tabitha Grief Groups, Remembrance Service & Hospice Volunteer Training - April 2020
Currently Cancelled due to restrictions for COVID-19
We are currently updating our bereavement services to best help you through the process of mourning. Please reference the Bereavement section of our website for some resources that we hope to increase soon.
Upcoming Online Groups:
NEW Growing Through Grief groups online
For anyone experiencing loss in their life, Growing through Grief equips participants with the tools and resources needed to reinvest in life, giving them an opportunity to process their loss while meeting others with similar experiences. Group sessions are facilitated by Tabitha Hospice Bereavement Coordinators. Must register to receive participant information--click the links below for registration.
Caregiver Support Group - Starting Thursday, April 23, 2-3 p.m.
Education & support for those caring for a loved one
We hope to return to in person groups as soon as possible. Please contact us if you need to visit about how you are handling your grief. Plans are still underway for Tabitha Remembrance Services at the end of May. You can also look at the following resources. Please note the views on these websites do not always reflect Tabitha values but we feel they contain beneficial information.
- WhatsYourGrief.com/ is a website with helpful blogs, articles and other resources when facing grief. Included is information on holidays, music/book recommendations and suggestions for coping.
- Center for Loss and Alan Wolfelt have numerous resources on their website and books available on grief.
- https://hospicefoundation.org/Grief-(1) general information about grief including short videos.
- https://grief.com “Because love never dies” gives information on grief stages and healing after loss.
Maybe you would rather listen to people talk about how they have faced grief. Check out podcasts such as “Coming Back”, “Open to Hope: Find hope after Loss” or “Grief Out Loud.” Look in episode descriptions to find what appeals to you.
Please contact a Bereavement Coordinator in your area if you'd like to talk to someone about services:
- Lincoln/Lancaster County - 402.486.8546
- Nebraska City/Syracuse Area - 402.416.7365
- York/Grand Island Area - 402.362.7739