Tabitha Offers Online Community Support Groups - October 2020
Tabitha, Nebraska’s industry-leading Senior Care provider, offers a variety of support groups.
Online grief and support groups are open to anyone in the community and are a great way to find support while sharing common experiences and coping tips in the safety and comfort of your home. Your loved one did not have to be with Tabitha. Participation is free, please register online at Tabitha.org/Hospice/Bereavement.
- “Online Drop-in Grief Group,” every Wednesday starting Sept. 16, from 12-12:45 p.m. For questions, please call Abby Henre at 402.486.8546.
- “Growing Through Grief Six-Week Online Support Group,” held every Wednesday, Sept. 23-Oct. 28, from 4:30-5:30 p.m. For questions, please call Abby Henre at 402.486.8546.
- “Caregiver Eight-Week Online Support Group,” held every Thursday, Oct. 1-Nov. 19, from 2-3 p.m. For questions, please call Abby Henre at 402.486.8546.
- “HOPE Book Club Online,” held every other Thursday, Oct. 8 and 22, from 10-11 a.m. For questions, please call Tabitha Hoffman at 402.362.7739.
- “Grieving Gracefully Book Club Online,” held every second and fourth Tuesday, Oct. 13 and 27, from 12-1 p.m. For questions, please call Juanita Steenbakkers at 402.416.7365.
- “Seward Grief Support Group” Tuesday, Oct . 13, 5 p.m., at St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 1014 N. 6th St. Masks and social distancing rules apply. For questions and confirmation of event as it relates to COVID-19 safety and health precautions, please contact Tabitha Hoffman, hospice bereavement coordinator, at 402.362.7739.
- "Suicide Survivors Support Group" hosted by Tabitha Hospice and Four Corners Local Outreach will be held in person on the last Tuesday of the month, Oct. 27, 5:30 p.m., at Four Corners Health Department, 2101 N. Lincoln Ave., York. Masks and social distancing rules apply. Registration is required. Please call 402.362.2621 for a brief conversation to help identify your personal bereavement needs.
- “Aurora Grief Support Group” will be held in person on Tuesday, Oct. 27, 1:30 p.m., at Aurora Methodist Church, 1104 A St. Masks and social distancing rules apply. For questions, please contact Tabitha Hoffman, hospice bereavement coordinator, at 402.362.7739.
Please contact a Bereavement Coordinator in your area if you'd like to talk to someone about services:
- Lincoln/Lancaster County - 402.486.8546
- Nebraska City/Syracuse Area - 402.416.7365
- York/Grand Island Area - 402.362.7739
Hospice Volunteer Training
Tabitha is also offering online hospice volunteer training. Hospice volunteering is a rewarding opportunity that provides companionship, pet therapy, bereavement support, respite care, office and clerical support while providing comfort and joy to Tabitha clients and families. For questions or to learn more, contact: