Avoiding the Brain Strain: 8-Week Memory Workshop Begins - Lincoln
Avoiding the Brain Strain: How to keep your brain stronger, longer
What is the Memory Workshop?
This is a weekly class led by speech language pathologists and graduate speech language pathology students. The target audience is individuals and their significant others who are concerned about or merely want to learn more about age-related memory difficulties. The purpose is to provide education and solutions. Group intervention for participants will focus on learning about and developing strategies to improve independence and safety with daily functional skills and activities. Significant others will attend with a focus on assisting their family member/friend with the daily challenges of memory impairment. Participants will have the opportunity to share their experiences with other individuals and professionals, as well as brainstorm and implement techniques to manage daily challenges.
Who should attend?
Individuals and their significant others who are:
• Concerned about memory and thinking limiting functional skills
• Interested in learning about memory and strategies to enhance thinking skills
• Willing to participate in discussions
• Willing to complete simple weekly assignments
• Able and willing to attend 8 weekly sessions for 90 minutes each (Wednesdays 10-11:30)
(*Limit 8 participants and significant others each session)
Clinics run on University Semester Schedule
Next Clinic: June 10-July 29, 2020
Cost: $80.00 (for participant and significant other)