June 30, 2021 – Updates will be posted to this page
May I visit a Tabitha Living Community at this time?
- Our priority is the safety and well-being of Senior Residents and each other
- We are allowing visits, based on three factors:
- Community spread
- County positivity rate
- Positive cases at the living community
- We must follow the guidance of governmental health agencies
- All who enter a Tabitha living community must go through screening
- Only essential Volunteers are reporting to Tabitha Living Communities
- Everyone must wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
How is Tabitha monitoring COVID-19 signs and symptoms of Residents and Clients?
- Each Resident/Client is being under close watch by our nursing staff
- Monitoring changes in health
- Checking vital signs on a daily basis and as needed (more often on a case-by-case basis)
- Rapid result testing as needed to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 among staff and Residents
How are those entering Tabitha Living Communities/Offices being screened?
- Every person entering a Tabitha Living Community/location or performing Tabitha work in the field is being screened prior to beginning their work/entering Resident areas/homes:
- This includes completing a screening about change in health, travel or contact with others
- Body temperature is also measured and recorded
- Vendors have designated outside drop sites to provide delivery of goods
How can I connect with a loved one residing at Tabitha?
- Scheduled visits are allowed. See above.
- Tabitha has a Connector Program to help ensure that Residents stay in touch and engaged
- Tabitha ensures that all Residents, Families and all Responsible Parties are well-informed
- Direct phone calls to Residents are encouraged along with mailed cards and notes
- Video chats can be coordinated
Is Tabitha Meals on Wheels still delivering?
- Yes, Tabitha Meals on Wheels continues to deliver to 500+ Lincoln recipients daily
- We can always use more Volunteers to help with this effort – please visit Tabitha.org/Volunteer to sign up
Is Tabitha currently hiring?
- Yes, Tabitha has a wide range of jobs open; please check out career opportunities and apply online at Tabitha.org/Careers
- Watch for Virtual Job Fairs posted on Tabitha’s Facebook Page as well
Tabitha is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
What are ways to help cope with loneliness and anxiety during this time?
- Please check in on Senior neighbors with a daily phone call
- Tag on to your shopping list—ask if Senior family, friends and neighbors need anything from the store or pharmacy
- Check out these tips from DHHS Nebraska
Where can I learn more about COVID-19?
There are many resources available:
- U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (NDHHS)
Again, Tabitha absolutely understands these precautions cause inconvenience. Tabitha is committed to the well-being of the Seniors we care for and about. Thank you for your understanding as we work to ensure the health and safety of all involved.